Do you want to help make a change in the way NSW plans for the future?
Click here to JOIN
The Better Planning Network (BPN) is a state wide, volunteer-based, not for profit incorporated community organisation that is fighting for better planning in NSW. Our aim is to have a robust and visionary planning system that fosters best practice environmental, heritage, social sustainability and design outcomes.
Let’s work together to achieve our goal! Sign up today as a member of BPN or affiliate with us to show your support. You can also donate to our cause so we can continue our work. Together we can make a difference!
BPN does not support any specific political party. BPN Members, Affiliates, Friends and Supporters consist of individuals both non affiliated and affiliated with a political party. BPN encourages all to be actively involved in their community and support policies from political parties where these seriously address better planning for NSW.
BPN advocates the following:
- Community wellbeing (which goes beyond just economic growth must be at the heart or our planning system.
- Involving communities in planning and decision-making is essential at every stage of the planning process.
- Protecting our environment, natural and cultural heritage is fundamental to the wellbeing of our communities.
- Development must comply with evidenced-based strategic planning
- Infrastructure including education, health, green spaces, rail and road must go hand in hand with development.
- Minimising corruption and developer influence must be a priority for our new planning system.
Help achieve our vision for a better planning system for NSW by taking the following actions: