The aim of Better Planning Network (BPN) aim is for a robust and visionary planning system for NSW – one that fosters best practice environmental, heritage, social sustainability and design outcomes. To that end, the A Community Charter for Good Planning in NSW was developed by a coalition of community and environmental peak bodies. We hope that all Parliamentary parties and Independents will support the Charter, whose five principles are key to good planning outcomes for NSW.
BPN does not support any specific political party. BPN Members, Affiliates, Friends and Supporters consist of individuals both non affiliated and affiliated with a political party. BPN encourages all to be actively involved in their community and support policies from political parties where these seriously address better planning for NSW.
More specifically, BPN advocates the following:
- Community well-being (which goes beyond just economic growth must be at the heart or our planning system.
- Involving communities in planning and decision-making is essential at every stage of the planning process.
- Protecting our environment, natural and cultural heritage is fundamental to the well-being of our communities.
- Development must comply with evidenced-based strategic planning
- Infrastructure including education, health, green spaces, rail and road must go hand in hand with development.
- Minimising corruption and developer influence must be a priority for our new planning system.
BPN membership and affiliation is open to community groups and individuals. Go to this page to join our network.